******

Quote:

Zombies are the middle children of the otherworldly family. Vampires are the oldest brother who gets to have a room in the attic, all tripped out with a disco ball and shag carpet. Werewolves are the youngest, the babies, always getting pinched and told they're cute. With all that attention stolen away from the middle child zombie, no wonder she shuffles off grumbling, "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha."

- Kevin James Breaux

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Top 10 Favorite Books


It is hard to create a list of favorite novels especially considering that I have more favorite authors than novels so some of my favorites will inevitably get left off which is why with this list of favorite novels I will explain why I love some of these novels and the writer that wroth it.  Enjoy!  I would love for you to list your own “Top 10” and post them and don’t forget to comment of this list.  The list is in no particular order and don’t for get to check out some of my other Lists:

      1.       The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
      2.       The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
      3.       Sacrament/Weaveworld by Clive Barker – I can’t really choose between these two as they are both some of the best written modern fantasy I’ve ever read!
      4.       Congo/Sphere/Airframe by Michael Crichton – He is my favorite author of all time so it’s hard for me to decide which of these three are my favorites but Airframe does get elevated a bit higher as it is the one I’d love to direct as a film
      5.       The Exorcist/Legion by William Peter Blatty – The Exorcist is the better novel but Legion was the first novel of his I ever read which prompted me to go out and look for his other novels.
      6.       Ringu/Loop/Dark Water by Koji Suzuki – All three are equally magnificent (as are pretty much everything he writes) but Loop does edge out the other just a little as it has such an amazing premise with some heady themes and ideas like a Crichton novel
      7.       The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
      8.       Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri – I absolutely love her writing and think she can do no wrong and even though I think all of her work are masterpieces this is one of the few anthologies I think every story is a masterpiece
      9.       The Stepford Wives/Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin – A tie with these two as it’s hard to decide which is the better novel.
      10.   Misery by Stephen King – This may not be his best novel but it is the novel from which if I had never read it, I would have never read anything else he did.  This is the first book of his that I ever read in high school and I’ve been a fan ever since.  Even after all the other novels of his I’ve read I can still remember my first experience reading this one when most of the other novels I’ve forgotten the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment